Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Podcast!

Podcast will be great for any musician because they can upload their music for the rest of the world to download with just one click. I have composed and in the process of composing pieces for class and just for my own enjoyment. I would like to upload files of these pieces and share with my family and friends. And who knows? People that I do not know may also take a listen!

Creating audio files to upload as podcasts is super easy for me. As a Mac user (I also use PC... I don't hate on PCs!), I create audio files all the time through Garageband. This program has an option to send the file in AIFF format to itunes. Then on itunes, I can convert the AIFF file to an MP3 file! It doesn't get any easier than that.

The only downside to creating my own podcasts is the lack of equipment. I don't have a mic or a high-end program like Protools. I have a digital keyboard that will enable me to connect as a midi track unto garageband and finale, which I can "record" my music into. However, the sound isn't authentic since I'm a broke college student who cannot afford instrumental tracks for garageband. -_- I hope all this music talk isn't confusing the heck out of people.

Well, I look forward to posting up some podcasts of ramblings of my life and/or more interestingly, my music.

By the way, has anyone gotten a root canal done before? I know this is TOTALLY random, but I'm getting one for my excruciatingly painful tooth on March 2nd. Please, someone assure me that it does not hurt. :(

2 comments:

  1. I have an idea.... We can play this BEAUTIFUL music while people are having their root canals. It will be so relaxing people might even want to get one!!! But seriously, you did an outstanding job on this. And that song...wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece! I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete